Sunday, November 16, 2014

MOVIE REVIEW #5 - NORTHPOLE

MOVIE REVIEW #5 - Northpole

Ok I know that a lot of these Christmas movies are bad movies with very little plot, but most of the time there is at least a little magic in them. I am sad to say that Hallmark Channel's "NORTHPOLE" is lacking completely.  I wanted to like this movie, because the "Santa is real" genre is one of my favorites, but for the most part I couldn't.

Ok the plot is a pretty typical "Christmas heals a broken heart" + "Santa is real+It's Christmas, let's save the park". Tiffany Thiessen (yes that one from Saved by the Bell and 90210 ) plays a single mom / reporter who moves to a new town with her son Kevin. Kevin is a weird kid who no one likes (this doesn't really change much) and is having a hard time adjusting to the new town. 

Soon after arrival they find out that the town's tree-lighting ceremony has been cancelled for some seemingly nefarious reason. Mom the reporter assisted by Kevin's creepily involved teacher, Kevin, and this strange elf girl Clementine, try to save not only the town's tree lighting ceremony, but Northpole (the town where Santa and the elves live. (There is this oddly well thought-out magic in which happiness and Christmas cheer on earth makes the northern lights that in turn powers Santa's toy making operations),

Anyway without ruining the so called plot: the tree lighting happens, the town is saved, Tiffany Thiessen learns to believe in her kid and fall in love with his teacher, and Christmas is saved. 

I was trying to figure out what the worst part of this movie was: the writing, the acting, the over hype by Hallmark, or the over all plot. I came tot he conclusion that all of them are equally full of suck. I do not recommend this one folks.

With that being said, they announced that Northpole 2 will premiere in 2015 - I can't wait!!

CRY TIME - 119 minutes. I sniffled at the very end.

I give this movie zero candy canes. I would only watch this again if I was paid.



0 comments:

Post a Comment